Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Healing Foods: Beet Celery Orange Juice and Another Believer!

I have been telling my sister and brother-in-law how much I love the fresh vegetable and fruit juices I have been making to give the family a much needed vitamin boost for breakfast. This morning, I made a beet, orange and celery juice that was a big hit. The juice is part sweet from the beets, part zingy with fresh squeezed orange and calming with the celery juice, and it is a nutrient packed glass of deliciousness.

I have been experimenting with this one for a bit, trying to find good, healthy combinations using beets that are tasty enough for two picky daughters. All of my waxing about the power of green vegetable juice and fresh juicing even made my brother-in-law John go out and get his own Breville super juicer. He has been making his own green juices for about a week now. I told him about this juice combo, and he asked for the recipe.

According to www.whfoods.org, beets have been shown to provide anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification support, and help to promote eye health. Beets also include enzymes that aid in the prevention and treatment of certain cancer types. 1 orange provides 100% of our daily dose of vitamin C, and is a good source of A and B vitamins, beta-carotene and potassium. Celery is a powerful anti-inflammatory, and is a good source of iron, folic acid, potassium and calcium.

So, when I let John know how wonderful this juice was, he suggested that I send him the recipe. I am sending this with love to my brother-in-law, and to all looking for delicious fresh squeezed juice recipes to set their day…

Beet, Celery and Orange Juice

2 beets, washed and quartered

2 stalks celery

2 oranges, quartered and skin removed

Add all ingredients to juicer. Makes 2 servings.

6 comments:

  1. Do you know who Bashar is? if not he is a channeled entity from the 4th dimension and he was talking about how his people evolved from drinking juices to now acquiring energy from light itself. He is the reason that brought me to your post as he mentioned that the combination of these three vegetables "makes for an interesting delicacy" on his planet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzY4eU1Ibb0
    you hear him mention it at 57:00 minute mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this blog from my Bashar studies as well. 'Shifting dimensions has become effortless and is very fun. This combination of food substance is very enjoyable. Sun gazing is very nourishing. I started sun gazing in the mornings and then again in the evenings. Now I sun gaze an part of the day. My eyes have adjusted. My vision is improved. Too much to list here. Re discovering the language of vibration. Verbal communication not necessary. Live your highest excitement. :)

      Delete
  2. "He is the reason that brought me to your post"
    Me too lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite delicious! Thank you! (I just made this juice. But added slightly more orange.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I got here BC of bashar, his juice is was, but not much orange, its healing for my body !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys make juice from celery or just put the celery in pieces ?

    ReplyDelete