Monday, May 3, 2010

Introduction

As a consummate lover of food and cooking, yoga practitioner and teacher of yoga, I have always been interested in healing foods and yogic health. Recently, my interest became more passionate as my friends and I embarked on a culinary healing adventure to cook healing foods that would support and sustain our dear friend Glenn as he went through chemo and liver cancer. We lovingly prepared foods that would support his liver, sustain him and stave off nausea. It was a gift of love for Glenn, but it was a bigger gift of awareness for me as I realized the healing power of food, and the even bigger gift of friends coming together to cook for an important purpose.

I have now started this blog to share healing recipes, great food research sites and tips about healing foods for anyone in need of healing and comfort foods. I am grateful for all of my family and friends who allowed me to cook for them as they made their way through illness, chemo, broken hearts and grieving, and for those whose comfort foods sustained me in tough times--especially my amazing and loving mother. Her delicious cooking and recipes are some of the best medicine out there.

Please feel free to comment or ask questions about healing foods. I have been inspired by some incredible, insightful yoga teachers, healers, cooks and nutrition sites. I am happy to share what I have learned.

With Love and Healing Energy,
Catherine

1 comment:

  1. Cathy you are amazing person... even when you were 12 I knew you were not long for GroveTuckey, Ohio. You always had a quality that all of us envied... true inner beauty... a rare quality. You are also beautiful on the outside which is the real reason we envied you... hee hee

    In high school, you were infatuated with the French culture and fashion and ALWAYS set the trends, whether it was the first to wear straight leg jeans or the first to get a perm... (I tried to emulate you and looked like a stumpy legged poodle) Everyone wanted to be you! Especially me!

    When you married Oliver (thats how we spell it in Ohia) and settled in NYNY... it did not surprise any of us!

    The origin of this blog is a tiny insight about the way you have lived your whole life!
    I plan on using it to help change my pathetic eating habits!

    Cathy I am so proud of you....

    Mwah
    Clare

    ReplyDelete