Monday, May 3, 2010

Great Reference: World's Healthiest Foods Website

A while ago, a friend and I decided to take control of our nutritional health, and went to see a nutritionist here in New York. There is nothing like coming face to face with your own poor eating habits to make you realize that the power to change your life for the better is in your own hands. While researching better nutrition, I came across a life changing website, called World's Healthiest Foods (www.whfoods.org).

I encourage you to visit this website, and begin your own research into living healthier, healing with foods, and understanding the power of the food that we put into our bodies. This site is a gold mine of information, and George Mateljan is its alchemist. Knowledge is power, as they say, and if we all understand how to eat better, we can hopefully stay healthy and strong to be there for as long as possible for those who love and need us. Please give it a visit at: www.whfoods.org.

I now use this site daily, looking up the nutritional value and healing powers of certain ingredients or foods, deciding what to cook for my family's dinners, and looking for inspirational recipes, cooking and food tips. When I began my cooking project for my friend Glenn, he asked me to record this cooking journey and to write my recipes down. I plan to do that in future posts--and was given permission from George Mateljan, founder of WH Foods, to reprint two of Glenn's favorite dishes from the WH Foods website in our blog. Stay tuned for the healing menus that my friends and I cooked for Glenn, and some other great foods that heal, and feed the body and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment